Wednesday, January 26, 2011

new poem

so i have decided to share this with all of you, enjoy, and if you don't, don't tell me. :)

Frozen Prison

I sit, frozen in the moment
as ice forms around me,
holding my breathe in.
The thaw of spring is
in the nonexistent future-
my future.

All thoughts, all feelings,
encased in ice.
All, except those
I needed stunted the most-
you.

Visions of you,
visions of us,
torment me inside my prison.
My jailor is cold and unforgiving.

My frigid heart still beats for you,
slow, steady, and jaggedly.
The beating tears me apart.
You should not have power here
yet it beats for you, not for me-
for you.

so there it is. i hope you like it

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I was born in Houston Texas, lived in Denver, CO; Moscow, ID; Rexburg, ID; and Ogden, UT. I am currently back in Katy, TX. I work for my local school district as a substitute, and i have a second job at a local bookstore. I hang out with my family a lot, I have a black lab named Weston-my baby, I read oh so much, and love tv and movies. I enjoy writing poetry although I don't really share it that much. The friends I have I have had for a while, and they are awesome of course!

my favorite books

  • Black Stallion series
  • Clockwork Heart
  • Ender's Game
  • Evermore
  • Evernight
  • Karen Chance novels
  • Lisa Shearin novels
  • Morganville series
  • Need
  • Oh My Gods
  • Seer series
  • Truth series
  • Twilight series
  • Vampire Academy series

my favorite tv

  • Bones
  • Burn Notice
  • Criminal Minds
  • Eureka
  • House
  • Leverage
  • Moonlight
  • Numbers
  • Psych
  • Royal Pains
  • Supernatural

my baby

my baby
he is so cute

Followers

my playlist

MusicPlaylistRingtones Create a playlist at MixPod.com